Monday, June 10, 2013

41 Presents Not To Give Me

Picture source:magicpack.wordpress.com

It is worth noting that these rules do not apply to school age offspring and siblings

1.     Anything where you intentionally chose the ugliest version, and then told this to the recipient
2.     Small kitchen appliances, toasters, kettle.
3.     Kitchen gadgets, just because the overly excited presenters on the infomercial said it will revolutionise meal time – it wont revolutionise my birthday
4.     Exercise equipment
5.     Any home made craft unless you are a recognised artist
6.     A replacement for something that was broken
7.     Cans of house paint
8.     Anything for the office cubicle
9.     School supplies
10. Anything you deem as “useful”
11. Gift vouchers  - unless sending from interstate or overseas – take the effort to chose something specific
12. Hand made vouchers for hugs
13. Cash  - even less impersonal that a voucher
14. Anything from the Body Shop, if I smell - just tell me. The friendship ends immediately if it is a Body Shop gift voucher
15. Chocolates or wine for me to share with you, if you really knew me you would know that these are items I do not share
16. Items to add to my collection – unless it is an actual collectable. Definitely not anything you have made (see rule 5)
17. Items to add to a collection I no longer collect
18. DVD box set of your favourite show
19. Accessories for a bigger item that I do not own and that you did not buy me
20. Underwear, unless you are that special someone…
21. Socks…never
22. Ties…ever
23. A gift for my sibling/child just so they wont feel left out on my special day
24. A gift for my pet just so they wont feel left out on my special day
25. Anything from a joke shop shaped likes genitals or breasts
26. Anything bought at 7-Eleven or a service station
27. A haircut
28. The key to my own house/apartment, this only means you are returning it and means something is ending
29. Books that you know I have already read
30. Something for my house that matches the colours in your house
31. My half of something we bought together
32. Flowers or pant cuttings from my own garden
33. A family portrait or your family
34. Cleaning appliances, utensils or equipment
35. Ingredients – unless you are cooking them into something special for me (not something special for me to share)
36. Anything you are re-gifting
37. A coffee mug with a saying/image you think is funny…it’s not
38. A calendar/desk calendar you think is funny…it’s not
39. An object that requires batteries…without the batteries
40. Batteries without an object that requires them
41. Nothing at all

No comments:

Post a Comment